::Editor’s Note: This is part of my ongoing series of posts as I try and sell my house "The Social Media Way"::
Let me just say this : LinkedIN has been vary impressive lately. Not so much in the look and feel but in the actually letting me talk to people online way. You see unlike Facebook where I can only message 20 people at a time, LinkedIn let’s me ask questions to my whole Network and beyond. If you haven’t used it before try out Questions and Answers on LinkedIN.
I asked my network of around 208 people this question: "How can I sell my house The Social Media Way?". And so far in around 48 hours I have gotten around 30 answers. Here are some of them (in no particular order) with more to come next week:
Certainly making a pr spectacle out of the process is a good way to leverage the web/cloud…
2) Create a page on Facebook
3) Set up a YouTube account. Have people submit videos and a $25 entry fee (sent to you) telling you why they should be the new owners of your house. The videos should have some rules around them – maybe a theme to ensure they will be funny and entertaining.
4) Craigslist is always a good option. Zillow is another good service.
5) I created a blog with pictures and video and information about the area and then posted it to over
50 classified ad and social networking sites
6) I’d suggest videos – maybe have friends over, film the house being "lived in", film the possibilities
and make them into short clips for YouTube or similar. Advertise the fact you’re doing it to news media (they’d love the story).
What do you think? Any clunkers here? Or great ideas?