Come find our the difference at this unconference here in Austin this Sept….
Are you driving environmental innovation within your company? Conf here.
- Do you have ideas for operating more efficiently?
- Are you exploring “greener” products or services?
- Are you looking for new ways to engage employees, customers, suppliers and other stakeholders in sustainability?
- Do you have insights about what motivates or blocks environmental innovations in your business?
- Do you want to redefine “business as usual” for your company and your industry?
Environmental Defense Fund and Ashoka are organizing events in Washington DC, Boston, Silicon Valley and Austin. These “unconferences” will bring together dozens of professionals engaged in making their organizations more efficient, sustainable and leading-edge. Our goal is to connect you with other internal innovators to share experiences and ideas, explore new trends and opportunities, and brainstorm out-of-the-box solutions to the challenges we’re all facing.
Unlike traditional conferences, there will be no formal panels or speeches.We’ll use an participatory, “open space” format. All participants will have an opportunity to share, discuss, network, collaborate and learn throughout the day.
What will you get?
- New ideas for saving money and making money while helping the environment
- Practical lessons about what works (and doesn’t work) in trying to make a company more sustainable
- New relationships with partners and colleagues in other businesses as well as non-profits, academics, and governmen
- The opportunity to share what you have learned and multiply its value
Who should attend?
- Individuals working in corporations, from small to large, directly involved in sustainability efforts
- Senior management committed to, or curious about, the opportunities that sustainability initiatives can offer
- Staff and management of non-profits working in partnership with corporations to improve environmental performance
- Staff from public sector agencies working with corporations and/or pursuing entrepreneurial innovations to take more sustainable practices to scale
- Academics and consultants creating tools, forging partnerships and supporting models of what works in business sustainability