Digital media will get and keep the customer’s attention. How? By
making it relevant to the person. This is a big issue. People won’t buy
content unless it is relevant.
– make it personal
– make it worthwhile
– make it valuable
In other words – talk to people
– look at the customer
– learn from customers in real time
– communities work best with market dynamic
– treat customers as people
– quality of individual experience is what matters
– delight the user
– interact and engage – has to be relevant and at the right time
– build trust
– chart interactions with the product.
Any media biz in 2006, who want to integrate quality content into a digital channel will have to consider
– communities, vast thin networks of members
– doughnut communities that are temp and come together round a site
– combine human/algorithm filtering to make it simple to follow who’s saying what
– metadata (ensures that content can be used again and again)
All this becomes relevant to the reader.