Volunteer PayPal and eBay employee teams of product specialists and technologists will be matched with local non-profits to work together for six (6) months to make a positive impact on technical, marketing, or operational issues identified by the non-profit. All support is offered free of charge, but we will ask for time and commitment to working with the team.
The “Small Business Challenge”is a friendly competition for the teams to see who can make the greatest positive impact –benefiting the organization they’re partnering with –while also enhancing the employees’skills and understanding of small business. The project is a demonstration of how eBay Inc. can enhance the local ecosystem through innovative technology solutions. We will be working with non-profit partners to provide with impactful, sustainable solutions!
They are looking for nonprofits who are:
· Passionate and believe in their business
· Open to change and committed to improving and growing
· Excited about working with an external team and trying out new approaches
· Able to commit to developing and implementing improvements over the next five (6) months
· Need some sort of technological solution due to gaps within technical framework. Examples of desired business enhancements are as follows:
– Technology –guidance in new web services/apps , payments processing
– Business Development, e.g., brainstorm additional fundraising sources
– Backend Finance/Accounting support
– Research: Market, technology, competition analysis, etc.,
· Willing to prepare and present a pitch for a “Marketplace”event on May 19th
· Due to limited number of teams, not all non-profits who wish to participate may be selected. If selected by a team, the non-profit must be willing to:
– Designate a senior decision maker to be a single/primary point of contact
– Have the team visit approximately two times per month throughout the challenge, and be available for calls as needed.
– Share whatever detailed information the team will require to design the business enhancement and communicate with the team on a regular basis
– Be willing to implement the change and report results –near term results (e.g. by October) and also longer term results (e.g., a year from now)
– Attend the post project celebration!
· Sign a mutual non-disclosure agreement and consulting agreement.
· Participate in the brief project evaluation and be willing to be videotaped talking about the experience in the Small Business Challenge
For more information, including feedback from small business owners and non-profits from past Challenges, please see our website at http://smallbusinesschallenge.ebay.com You can also contact us with any questions at email@example.com
If you are interested in participating, please complete the application on the website by May 9. We will notify our partners if chosen as a semi-finalist no later than May 14.