The City of Austin task force I am part of has begun it’s bi-weekly meetings. I’ll try and update this blog the same week I attend meetings. Our fearless leader, Chief City of Austin Volunteer Officer, Sly Majid did a good job of outlining his vision.
He wants the following for this task force:
• Clean slate for redeveloping Cities of Service Program
• Sector-wide support: Not focusing on specific issues or programs
• Role of leadership: Unified, coordinated effort for all NPO interests
• Ambitious, creative, dynamic, no retreading or reinventing
• What it means to be an Austinite
• Make service a cultural touch point, similar to music and outdoors
Pretty ambitious goals for this group. I’m looking forward to making this vision into a reality.